Meet Our Team
Au.D., MPH, CAOHCAs an Audiologist with more than 17 years of experience, Dr. Powell realized that the health care system has several areas that must be addressed in order to improve options and services for those who suffer from this common condition of hearing impairment.
With an extensive background in healthcare, she has worked toward introducing collaborative care to hearing health care with a focus on addressing not just hearing impairment (audition), but also language and cognition.
In addition, Dr. Powell brings to FHTA her experience in hearing conservation. For employer groups, Dr. Powell works with the industrial hygienist to develop and supervise comprehensive hearing conversation programs for their employees. She believes in education and prevention of hearing health care.
Licensed to practice in Texas, Dr. Powell’s excellent bedside manner coupled with the following education accomplishments, ensures a successful client experience at FHTA:
- Doctorate in Audiology, University of Florida
- Master’s in Public Health, University of Southern Mississippi
- Master’s in Audiology, University of Georgia
- Bachelor’s in Speech, Language and Hearing, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist
- Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech, Language and Hearting Association
- Member of Dallas Audiology Society
- Member of the Texas Academy of Audiology
- Member of the American Academy of Audiology
- Member of American Tinnitus Association & Tinnitus Practitioners Association
M.S., LPC_ Licensed Professional Counselor
Tori S. Dixon, M.S., LPC graduated from Walden University with a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling. Tori works with a wide population including, but not limited to, adolescents (beginning at age 13), adults, families and couples.
In addition to her career as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Tori is also a Licensed Funeral Director. Since 2006, Tori has been helping families on their journey of grief following a loss.
With experience in grief trauma, Tori also works with individuals with depression, anxiety, and marital issues to name a few.
- M.S. in Counseling from Walden University (2012)
- B.S. in Multidisciplinary Studies from the University of Oklahoma (2007)
- Professional license held in Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)